South River Marine – Expert, full or part boat
restoration and rebuild
Top-quality boat restoration and rebuild
At South River Marine we carry out the following type of work:
- GRP Yare and Bure One Design builders
- Replacement of hull planking in Larch and Mahogany
- Replacing timbers in steam bent oak (using copper nails)
- Fitting floor frames and crooks, using grown oak bends where suitable.
- Fitting new keels and rudders, made to designs by A Wolstenholme.
- Re-covering decks with traditional brown linoleum or painted epoxy sheathing.
- Wooden mast and spar construction and repairs, using Douglas Fir and Sitka Spruce, laminated together using a West epoxy system.
- The fitting of complete new Bermudan, gunter, gaff, gaff topsail and combined gaff/topsail rigs.
- New or replacement engine installations are also a speciality, along with facilities for servicing, repairs and rebuilds of petrol or diesel engines.